Over the past few years, work to improve supports for member health and wellness has been a major focus of NWTTA advocacy work. Steps forward include:
A partnership between the NWTTA and the GNWT Department of Education, Culture and Employment through the Education Renewal Initiative now provides access for members to the Starling Minds Health and Wellness online Toolkit developed specifically for educators.
- Emergency & Family Assistance Program
- Community Counselor Contacts – Yellowknife
- Hope for Wellness Helpline – Indigenous Peoples 24/7 counseling/crisis help line
- 1-855-242-3310, www.hopeforwellness.ca
- LifeSpeak – 24/7 wellbeing online/app platform, free to all GNWT employees
- AbilitiCBT – confidential mental health and wellbeing support.
- My Migo
- Starling Minds