The Northwest Territories Teachers’ Association (NWTTA) is a professional organization of approximately 800 teachers from three distinct bargaining units who work within the Northwest Territories’ publicly funded school system.
With the support of five professional staff operating out of a central office located in Yellowknife, the NWTTA offers a broad range of services to its membership.
The Assistant Executive Director is a senior staff position that will provide executive support, expertise and resources to the President, Central Executive and Executive Director. Through a combination of training, expertise and/or qualifications, this person will have:
- Interest and expertise in the areas of labour relations, collective agreement interpretation, negotiations and professional development;
- Outstanding communication and problem-solving abilities;
- Proven track-record of leadership, teamwork and lifelong learning;
- Interest and/or involvement in the activities of a professional teacher organization, and
- Personal vigour and capacity to meet the demands of this position.
While not essential, eligibility for a NWT Teacher’s Certificate would be an asset. This position offers a competitive salary, a full range of benefits, and an attractive summer vacation package.
Application Deadline: August 3, 2018 at 5:00 pm MST.
Only applicants chosen for interviews will be contacted for interviews to take place the week of August 20, 2018.
Submit applications through email to firstname.lastname@example.org ensuring to include a cover letter, resume and contact details for three professional references.