The Northwest Territories Teachers’ Association (NWTTA) is a professional organization of approximately 950 members from three distinct bargaining units who work within the Northwest Territories’ publicly funded school system.
With the support of five professional staff operating out of a central office located in Yellowknife, the NWTTA offers a broad range of services to its membership.
The Executive Director is a senior staff position that will provide executive support, expertise and resources to the President and Central Executive. Through a combination of training, expertise and/or qualifications, this person will have:
- Interest and expertise in the areas of labour relations, collective agreement interpretation, negotiations and professional development;
- Outstanding communication and problem-solving abilities;
- Proven track-record of leadership, teamwork and lifelong learning;
- Interest and/or involvement in the activities of a professional teacher organization, and
- Personal vigour and capacity to meet the demands of this position.
While not essential, eligibility for a NWT Teacher’s Certificate would be an asset. This position offers a competitive salary, a full range of benefits, and an attractive summer vacation package.
Professional development and skills upgrading will be very much part of this position. If necessary, the successful candidate will be relocated to Yellowknife as per the benefits of the GNWT/NWTTA collective agreement.
Application Deadline: Friday, November 24, 2023 at 5:00 pm
Position will commence on July 1, 2024
Interested applicants are required to submit applications through email to Assistant Executive Director, Sara McCrea at COMPETITION CLOSED ensuring to include a cover letter and resume. During the interview, applicants will be requested to provide three current professional references.
More information about the NWTTA can be found at http://nwtta.nt.ca